Initial Consultation includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation and assessment of your nutrition and weight history, personal and family medical history and exercise history.
- Review of current food records with recommendations to improve health status, body composition, performance and energy levels.
- Long and short term goal setting that is realistic and based on priorities and commitments.
Follow-up Sessions can include:
- Creating a nutrition and exercise plan that works with your lifestyle and includes strategies for a maintenance phase. This could include developing a meal plan, grocery list, list of snacks, specific breakfasts, lunches and dinners that fit into your daily meal plan, pre/post workout snacks or meals and exercise programs. Education on how to eat to prevent or manage diseases or syndromes associated with food like heart disease, diabetes, celiac or other gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Review food records, find problem areas and assist you in integrating your new behaviors and food strategies in achievable steps.
- Look for triggers and stressors that lead to emotional eating and create strategies to prevent this in the future.
- Address resistance to change, both nutrition and exercise, using motivational interviewing to understand what motivates or inhibits you from accomplishing your goals.